Sunday, July 19, 2009

Today's Craft


Since the internet was down, and I was tired of using a bobby pin as a bookmark, I decided to get crafty and make one. I asked Hank if he wanted one, and he did. So I got out my crafts and got to work.

I wasn't sure which direction to go in, so I pulled out beads, feathers, cards, paper, and ribbon. I decided to start with birthday cards. and a photo.

I used an old birthday card for Hank's, and a photo of my junior high friends (not the Amigas) for mine.

I cut the picture and the card to an approximate bookmark size. Since there was part of a message from my mother on the birthday card, and gibberish on the back of the photo, I cut and pasted a piece of construction paper to the back of each. I tied a black ribbon through the heart hole in mine, and string through Hank's. I added the letters DRDELCORE from square beads I had, to Hank's, and tied mine.

Voila! Beautiful bookmarks. I like crafts. Now back to my book. I'm reading Gone With the Wind. If you haven't read it, read it now. I'm curious to see what other women think of it.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I put your blog in my googlereader. I just finished reading How to Win Friends and Influence People. I'll have to see if Gone With the Wind is at our library.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Becky. I hope you learned how to win friends and influence people. When are you having the baby? You're next on my list to make a bookmark for.

Becky said...

Woo-hoo! I want a bookmark. Dooser is actually going to have her baby soon; she's 37 weeks!