Sunday, September 20, 2009

The New Craft Corner-Andrea's Bruschetta


Tonight, after a day of fasting, I made bruschetta for the first time. I've had it before, and I like it, but I don't really know how to make it. From my not knowing, I made the best I have ever had.


8-10 servings


1/2 baguette sourdough bread

1 tomato

3 garlic cloves

shredded parmesan cheese

basil

parsley

balsamic vinegar

olive oil


Brown 8-10 slices of the bread in a frying pan in butter.


Meanwhile, chop the tomato and garlic. Mix with parmesan cheese, basil, and parsley, being careful not to mash. Add a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil. When the bread is done, top with the tomato mixture. It is heavenly.


I am not a chef, nor a recipe writer, but I am a good cook, and I never measure. Use the unmeasured ingredients with your common sense.


Try it and let me know what you think.

4 comments:

Karen said...

That sounds delicious! Always up for a great dish.

Anonymous said...

Great post, Andrea! I champion your cooking corner.

Anonymous said...

oh, and why were you fasting, if you don't mind me asking?

Andrea said...

Tell you in private. I think you already know.